Poems, Prayers and the Occasional Rant...

Monday, April 16, 2007

Listening

My mother called yesterday, asking simply for me to pray for an unspoken prayer request. I could tell whatever it was pressed heavily on her heart, so I am asking you, Unknown Reader, to do the same. Every time her name comes to mind, or I see her picture I ask HIM:

"Father God,

Hear my Mama's prayer. Put her anxious heart at ease. Wrap her in your unfailing grace, peace and mercy so that she will know and trust that YOU have control of everything. I can't be there to hug, or help, or talk. But YOU can, YOU will, and I am so thankful we both know that. Thank You, Father for hearing our prayers, and answering them in YOUR perfect time.

Amen."

On a side note, after spending too many Sundays away from HIS house I am hearing him call me back "home." Pray that "my stubborn heart" will listen. Pray that I will find the perfect place to nuture this weary heart.

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

I am praying with you, and for you.

All ears, and a cyber-shoulder.

- K