Poems, Prayers and the Occasional Rant...

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Frustration

Why is it so hard to go to church alone?

I had plans to go to church today. Plans that had been set for a week. Plans that were confirmed yesterday. But, this morning I called my church buddy and found that she had been up waaay late with a mutual friend consoling and comforting her through a hard time. I understood. She had to cancel. I'm not upset with my friend at all.

When we hung up, I cried. I can't stand going to church by myself. There is a church I've been really curious about less than 2 miles from my apartment. I could've walked out the door and been there in less than five minutes. No big deal, right? Not for this girl... I cried because I knew I was too scared, too uncomfortable to go alone.

I really want to be able to go. With or without someone else. It's just so much nicer when I have someone else there.

No comments: