Poems, Prayers and the Occasional Rant...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

my heart hurts

more of the struggle...

tonight has been especially hard, for whatever reason. i cannot stop thinking about him. i want to know if we are really going to try again. i'm tired of playing the dating game. i just want "us". no one else.

...................................................................................................................................................
what does God think
now that I’m away from you
and the only thing I want
is to come home
to you?

what did He feel
when He heard us say
this feels good,
this feels right,
and
maybe we can try again?

what does my Father see
when he looks into my heart
is it lost with yours,
saved by grace,
and is there room enough
for both of you?

what does He hear
when I pray for your heart
asking Him to move you?
break down the walls you’ve built
so that when we leave this world
I won’t have to miss you anymore.

April 25, 2006

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

My heart hurts to read these because I know you are suffering. But I am rejoicing because I can see HIS hand holding on to you, holding you still.

Thank you for sharing, Abbs.

ps - III says you're very talented - and I agree.